Pre Cleanse Tips
PRE CLEANSE TIPS
We are sharing this information support you on your health transformation journey. These simple self-care techniques can help you release through your skin, bowels, mouth and nose to achieve optimum results. These are suggestions gathered from our personal experience of cleansing over the years. We are not doctors and do not claim to know what is right for your body. Please listen to yourself and consult with your healthcare practitioners.
Pre-Cleanse TIPS to have a successful transformation:
Start with eliminating sugar, dairy, meat, flour, starchy vegetables, highly sweet fruits, caffeine and processed foods. Look in the files for a delicious Mung Bean Dahl for 3 days before the cleanse, along with your Core 4 Daily nutrition. It is a high protein, super digestible and delicious meal that can be cooked in the morning and eaten throughout the day.
For those of you who got a 40 day Pack
Start with your CORE 4 products . 1 dose of aminos in the am. 1 Powershake shake mid am. Apothecherry before bed. Biome Medic A.M. & P.M. This will help you start to balance your PH, begin to gently detox and begin the Weight loss process and help you ease into your 10 day cleanse !
1. Do NOT binge eat.. the more healthy and less you eat in the few days leading up to your cleanse the more satisfying you PURIUM SUPER AMINO protein, POWER shakes and flex foods will be.
2. Shop for flex foods. Get all of your yummy stuff ready. Really think about it! There is an approved foods list in your core 3 guide. Think
Mostly fresh veggies and some fruits .
3.Get all the processed and junk temptation foods out of your house.
4. Avoid sugar, alcohol, coffee, wheat, sugar, processed food, packaged foods, dairy, and eat mostly whole, fresh, unrefined unprocessed foods.
4.Get ready to take your shakes pills and "flexies" on the road to work in the car. Pack like you are packing for a baby. Pack a soft cooler or small lunch box with Tupperwares of your flex foods, have your shaker cup, plenty of spring water, and a positive mind set that you will succeed .
5. Ask for help. Tell everyone that you are serious about this and ask for them to help support you and not tempt you.
4. Know that the first three days are mentally and emotionally challenging and you will face yourself in the mirror. You may have some detox reactions such as slight headache or lethargy. This is normal party of the detoxification process make sure you drink lots of water.
5. Its helpful to take a bath with Epsom salts in the eve to help pull out toxins .
Also know that you will feel how powerful you truly are, as you conquer your fears and emerge stronger, clearer and more vibrant than before .
YOU CAN DO THIS !! We are all here doing this together.
Create Quiet Time Meditation, going in, reflection, journaling each day a little can reveal a lot about what you are letting go of at a deeper emotional/spiritual level. Plan to keep a journal your daily experience.
Sleep Get extra rest and sleep. Nap if you can, especially Day 1-3.
Greet the Sun Go outside first thing in the morning and soak in sun for a few minutes. Bare feet on the earth is lovely. You can drink your 16-18 ounces of warm lemon water while basking in the morning sun!
Hydration It is essential to stay hydrated. Most of us are somewhat dehydrated in our daily life. Dry skin, chapped lips and crankiness can be signs of dehydration.
* Add a pinch of Pink Himalayan salt and lemon or lime to a quart of water for natural electrolytes.
* Add cucumber slices and let them sit in a jug of water. The cucumbers will help you detox. · Add a tablespoon of flax to a quart jar of water and let sit overnight. In the morning you can strain off the flax seeds or just drink. The flax helps with absorption.
* Drink warm water throughout the day.
Oil pulling http://wellnessmama.com/7866/oil-pulling-for-oral-health/ Oil pulling will pull out toxins deep in your body. I follow oil pulling with tongue scraping. It’s important to rinse mouth with warm water in between as the oil has a lot of toxins in it.
Tongue scraping http://www.chopra.com/ccl/the-benefits-of-tongue-scraping
Dry Brushing http://wellnessmama.com/26717/dry-brushing-skin/
Oilination aka “Abhyanga Massage” http://healing.about.com/od/massagestyles/a/abhyangamassage.htm
Self massage or receive a massage: Belly rubs every day can greatly help with elimination, go in circles clockwise. You can use coconut oil, ghee (clarified butter), sesame oil or another favorite oil.
Baths Take Epsom salt (2 cups) and Baking Soda (1 whole container) and Apple Cider vinegar warm bath – soak at least 20 minutes.
Sauna/steam Alternate between hot sauna or steam and cold plunge or cold shower for best results.
Gentle movement like yoga, Pilates or walking. Get outside in nature! Do not do strenuous exercise, allow your body this time to rest and detox.
Rebounding Jumping on a rebounder for 15-20 minutes will move the lymph and help with detox. https://www.wellbeingjournal.com/rebounding-good-for-the-lymph-system/
Gua Sha Using a wooden tool called a gua sha to move the lymph and open up sore muscles. Feels great after oilination. You can do it all over you body, but this video demonstrates the head and neck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N04G8Uc4OWk
Neti Pot Nasal irrigation can help with allergies and cleanses the nose and can relieve mucus if we are sick. I would only use distilled or purified water heated up and then I add cold to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdEsFviooPU
Bowel Elimination It is essential to be having bowels movements regularly – at a minimum one substantial movement per day. Do whatever you can to keep things moving so the toxins don’t reabsorb in your system.
* Enemas can keep things moving or a colonic if you are comfortable with that level of deep letting go.
* Coffee enemas can get your bowels moving if there is stagnation and many people use them for detox and general health. https://vimeo.com/31601303
* You can also add Kombu seaweed to the water to nourish yourself internally or do this as an alternative to the enema.
* If you are comfortable receiving a colonic this can help your detox process GREATLY.
This exercise from the Transformation FAQ document (in FILES section)
1. Stand up straight and then bend straight over and rest hands on thighs.
2. Take a few deep breaths, and then exhale all air.
3. Now pull in the stomach and try to have it touch the diaphragm.
4. Now push back all the way out and repeat this 2-10 times or as many as you can without taking a breath.
5. Repeat this entire exercise 5-10 times and this really massages the intestines increasing mobility.
Another excellent remedy for constipation from the Transformation FAQ document:
Salt / Cherry Flush (Optional)
If you are not eliminating regularly on your own during the fast, every other day you can flush your bowels of accumulated waste and toxins by doing the following.
1. Wake up 1 hour early to allow time to complete the flush
2. Mix 1 qt. of warm water with 2 tsp of Himalayan sea salt (or other non-iodized natural salt)
3. In a separate glass, mix 4 tbsp. of Apothe-Cherry with 12 oz. cold water
4. Drink the salt water (from step 2).
5. Immediately lie down on your left side for 20 minutes, keeping the Apothe-Cherry drink in reach
6. Drink the Apothe-Cherry
7. Resume lying on left side for 20 additional minutes
8. Sit on toilet with feet elevated several inches off the ground. You can use a couple of thick books, small stool, trashcan or a Welles Step.
9. You should “empty out” in a few minutes.
***Reminder: DO NOT pass gas unless sitting on the toilet. Results may vary on the initial salt cherry flush. Try again the next day if you are not successful the first time and you should see results.
* Enjoy your favorite medicinal teas: Nettles and Clover are blood cleansers and particularly supportive.
* Enjoy you favorite (non-caffeinated) tea with almond, coconut milk or hemp milk can fulfill the need for a sweet treat. Favorites teas for the 10-day Transformation Cleanse or Athletic are Yogi Teas: Kava Bland, Chai Rooibos, Cinnamon Healthy Skin. No sweeteners added but you can add almond, coconut or hemp milk (unsweetened.)
* Be sure to check your milks to be sure they do not have carageenan because it can cause constipation. The optimum milk is almond, freshly made and refrigerated with no preservatives. You can make yourself (see recipe in FILES section) or find it in the cooler section of your health food store.
* If you are trying to quit coffee, a wonderful coffee substitute: Dandy Blend
* You can put coconut oil in your shake if you feel you need more the of good fats besides avocados.